Do you know what a USP or Unique Selling Position is? Well, it’s what makes you different. It’s what makes DPC stand out amongst other primary care offices. This is what you need to work on. You have to define what you do differently in a way that is easy for a potential patient to digest. Here are some prompts to help you think about it.
- What do you love most about your practice?
- What procedures do you most like to do?
- What special areas of primary care do you love? (i.e. nutrition, OMT, etc.)
- What makes your patients come to you instead of your competitors?
- How do your patients benefit by coming to your DPC practice?
- What is your elevator pitch or things you highlight when you describe your business to strangers?
- How does DPC solve a problem for your patients?
- What does your DPC practice do extremely well (ex. telemedicine)?
There are a ton of these. Google Unique Selling Proposition and learn how other industries have done it. Beware, if you make the promise of a USP then you definitely need to come through if you want patients to stay with you and limit churn (see my churn book).